Nothing ever existed until they do to you. What you know is what you own unless you add more. Life truly came from where we are yet to figure out…hopefully, we will someday, maybe in the year 666.
The 666? you ‘ll probably ask what consigns it here; you see, if you go by the normal numerical counting, two thousand and sixteen will come after six hundred and sixty six, going by this, there was a time we were in the year six hundred and sixty six. So, will the clock go wise or anti-wise to drive us back to our ‘in the beginning’; or maybe our worlds we end individually and we’ll face our beginnings we never saw when it began…
Lets take a break from beginnings, it is the year thousand and sixteen, a September twenty nine for that matter, happenings every where and every time, by the time you finish reading this line, one major history must have taken place some where in the world, a president some where in the world must have taken a nation changing decision, a pastor might have received a huge cheque from a member or a governor elect either by merit or muscle could just be having his victory party with an extravagant blend of Hennessy and Pepsi…
I trust the governor elect of Edo State Nigeria, he’ll be moderate with his celebration because he knows a tribunal panel is the next phase of the hustle.
Meanwhile, Naij.com has 6 facts to know about Edo state governor-elect Godwin Obaseki.
This All Progressives Congress (APC) new governor-elect of Edo state defeated his closest rival Pastor Ize-Iyamu of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
PDP supporters have however refused the election results and it is believed that protests are likely to ensue. The facts about the governor-elect includes
1. Early Life : Godwin Obaseki is a son of the famous Obaseki family. One of the family’s most popular sons was Chief Agho Obaseki, who was the great great grand son of the Obi of Nsukwa, in the now Aniocha region of the Delta state of Nigeria.
As a young child, he went to St. Matthews Anglican primary school, Benin city. His secondary education was at Eghosa Anglican Grammar school, also in Benin city.
2. Education: After secondary school, he attended the University of Ibadan where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Classics. For his MBA in Finance and International Business, he attended the Columbia University and Pace University in New York, the United States of America. He is also a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers, Nigeria, and an alumnus of the Lagos Business School Chief Executive.
3. Family Life: Apart from being from the famous and illustrious Obaseki family. He is married to Betsy Obaseki.
4. Career: Godwin Obaseki was the chairman of the Edo state Economic and Strategy Team (EST), which was inaugurated by Governor Adams Oshiomole in March 2009. He also serves as an executive board member of several private companies including Afrinvest, Dorman Long Engineering Limited, Pillar Oil Limited, Seric Impianti International Limited. He was the founding secretary of a New York based US Africa Chamber of Commerce in 1992, which promoted US organisations doing business in Africa.
5. Obaseki’s NGO: He also serves as trustee, in the Dr Jackson Owen Obaseki Foundation, a family owned NGO, which is involved in providing free educational and health services to the less priviledged people
6. Achievements: He was the chairman of the following entities:
– Tax Assessment Review Committee for Edo State Internal Revenue Service (TARC).
– Committee on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
– Committee on the Implementation of the Law Establishing the Edo State University of Science and Technology, Uzaire He was also the secretary, committee on Contributory Pension Scheme.
On Thursday, September 29, he has been declared as the governor-elect of Edo state. Congratulations!