Home / News & Politics / EFFC vs Patience Jonathan: More Facts Uncovered, Human Rights Watch Takes Side

EFFC vs Patience Jonathan: More Facts Uncovered, Human Rights Watch Takes Side

A human rights watch representative with the name Charlse Ogboli has publicly defended ex-first lady of Nigeria Dame Patience Jonathan over the alleged $15 million fraud.

Ogboli on Channels Tv Sunrise Daily this Friday morning spoke in stagering tone about the frozen accounts of the ex-first lady saying that the idea of opening accounts in different company names were not the initiative of Patience Jonathan but rather of that of the presidential aid that was asked to go open the account.
He said the individuals currently being investigated over this matter whose names were used to open the accounts have nothing to do with the accounts, that the accounts are solely that of the ex-first lady.

When asked by the interviewer where these huge amount of money came from, Mr Ogboli replied that as an ex-first lady whose husband had been a deputy governor and then a governor, after which he became a vice President, then a President, that can’t her husband give his wife money, even if it’s $20 million? moreover she was a civil servant and does business too, he added.

According to Ogboli, the real balance in the alleged fraud account is contrary to what the EFCC and the media publicized, that the balance in the said accounts are $3,000400, $2,000900, $3,000330, respectively and $5,000800 which is the one in the ex-first lady’s personal account; by this figures, the amount totaled $13,002430 as against the $15million and $20million that were initially reported.

Mr Ogboli who admitted that he’s the ex-first lady’s aid also said that Patience Jonathan opened an account with Access Bank hoping to get a cheque book and BVN, only for the account opener to return with cards bearing different company names, she rejected them decrying that she’s not a party to such act, that the companies are not her’s neither is she a share holder in them. This was what prompted her to boldly come out and claimed responsibility of the accounts when the EFCC started being nosy. The account opener told her to use the cards for the time being while her BVN and cheque book was being rectified. This was never done until the crimes commission placed the no debit order on the accounts.

The Channels Tv interviewer then intercepted saying why would an account be opened for a first lady and a BVN is not issued instantly, Mr Ogboli replied that the Access Bank management has the answers to that.

He was also confronted about a recent threat by some militant group who said that if the EFCC does not remove the caveat on the ex-first lady’s accounts, that they’ll inflict more harm on the Nation; on this he denied having any knowledge about.

The EFCC is yet to officially invite the ex-first lady for questioning and Patience Jonathan on the other has so far been spitting fire, threatening to sue the commission if the no debit order placed on her accounts are not removed.

More details coming.

About Sheriff Ida

Sheriff Ida - Resourceful mind with dexterity in media contents production.

Check Also

EFCC To Patience Jonathan’s Defenders, We Have Recovered Over N1bn from S/South Alone

The Zonal head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Rivers state, Ishaq …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *