The Remo Stars Football Club players were struck by food poisoning prior to the top- flight match against the Anambra Warriors with 13 players hospitalized .
It was gathered that the players began complaining of stomach pain and tiredness, after their dinner which was a meal of ‘ semo ’ and ‘ Egusi ’ .
The Sky Blue Blue stars team ’ s secretary, Michael Onikute , confirmed the incident , and claimed that the affected players , as well as club officials, are already receiving medical attention.
He said :
“ It ’ s such a disastrous incident we have prepared well for the game against Ifeanyi Ubah , ”
“ The players were resting after their dinner which was a meal of semovita and egusi – only to get a call that they are in pain and we had to rush them to the Ikenne Health Centre .
“ 13 players were affected as well as the goalkeeper trainer and media officer. It is sad this is happening to us on the eve of a vital match against Ifeanyi Uba, ”
Affected players were rushed down to Ikenne health center as the team doctor , Mr James, is currently treating some players ensuring they get fluids in other not to suffer from dehydration while others are being monitored to ensure they recover from this health casualty.